Thursday 4 August 2011

Star Wars sushi

It's no secret that I'm huge Star Wars fan. The topic has come up once or twice on this blog before. What I haven't mentioned before is that I'm quite partial to a bit of sushi too. Not the sort of topics you would usually put together? Think again.

I was reading today's Metro on the way to work this morning when I came across this article. 'Genius' I thought to myself, shortly before revising my thinking to 'I want one.'

The sculptures are the invention of Japanese sushi chef Okitsugu Kado from Osaka, himself a huge Star Wars fan (who isn't?). He makes them out of various vegetables including carrots, radishes and sweet potatoes.

They're pretty cool, especially the Biker Scout. And, OK, Han Solo looks a tad dodgy but it still a great idea and they would certainly bring a smile to my face if my local sushi bar started doing them.






No comments:

Post a Comment