Thursday 12 May 2011

Nike? Adidas maybe?

Was relaxing in front of the TV the other night this ad came on:


While it was playing I found myself thinking that it had to be for one the big sports brands, it seemed to fit with that kind of style - young, athletic people coming together at some event, skateboarders, super slo-mo footage, all set to a 'banging' urban tune -  and the epic proportion designed to make you believe there's nothing quite so important in life as wearing the latest Adidas training top and matching runners.

Then a big bottle of Lucozade appeared on the screen and my thoughts shifted to something more like 'what the f*ck?' I thought their last ad featuring that drummer from Blink 182, some UK rapper I've never heard of and a completely terrifying female boxer was over the top enough, but this one cranked it up an extra notch.

To me it all just smacks of a brand trying a little too hard to be cool. The way I look at it, if you have to try that hard then you're probably not.

No comments:

Post a Comment