Thursday 16 July 2015

This may be the cleverest piece of work I've seen in a while

These amazing sculptures are created by Toronto-based artist Cybele Young using Japnese papers.










Here work, in her words...
Engaging with abstract and familiar motifs, I juxtapose sculptures to create a sense of dialogue or play between them. I approach my work in series and components, ultimately building an ongoing inventory of personal experience and observation.
I compile these in various arrangements to create communities that interact and form new relationships – much like the small seemingly insignificant moments in our everyday lives that come together to create unexpected outcomes. These manifest as miniature theatres – one act plays, where shifts of scale and perception occur. Despite the absence of the human form there is an implied presence, where the viewer can project themselves into another world.
 Wonderful stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment